Kit Preview : 1/76 Vacucast Panther G
The model is in resin, with very few parts, namely a complete hull with molded tools and accessories, a finely made turret, two complete track assemblies, and some other parts.
The it is supposedly for a late model G but that id not the case. The engine deck combines the ventilation grille pattern of a model A with the raised left ventilator housing oa late G model. The mantlet lacks the characteristic late model chin.
The one piece track units have steel wheels but the first wheel behind the sprocket is missing! The hull hatches are devoid of detail, a coupe periscopes are missing and there is no gun lock.
What I would do to rehabilitate this model would be:
- use wheels and sprockets from a Matchbox kit
- use tracks from the Dragon Panther kits (1/72)
- replace the engine deck with the one from the Dragon Panther G late
- use the gun and gun lock from the Dragon kit
- extend the front mudguards
- replace the turret MG rail
- find a bow MG
- replace the very coarse exhausts
A top view comparison of the Milicast, Matchbox, and Vacucast models. They are very close, the Vacucast being a fraction shorter (<1mm)